Restorative Dental Care in Brentwood, TN
What are Restorative Dentistry Services?
Restorative dental treatment encompasses any dental work to fix or replace a missing tooth. Its procedures include cavity filling, root canal therapy, and dental implant placement. At Brentwood Dental Center, we offer restorative dentistry services for damaged smiles from cavities, severe tooth decay, lost teeth, or an accident.
Loss of teeth can lead to poor speech and the inability to chew some foods or act as a beginning for more severe illnesses. With the improvement in technology and innovation, there are now many solutions to replace missing teeth.
Benefits of Restorative Dental Care
The benefits of restorative dental procedures are:
- Restore function: Tooth restoration services fix tooth function and simplify eating and talking.
- Relieve Pain: You may have had significant pain from a cavity or infected tooth. Restorative procedures relieve that pain by treating the condition or eradicating the infection.
- Prevent More Dental Complications: Fixing a dental condition in its early stages can stop it from worsening. For example, untreated cavities can lead to tooth loss and replacement.
- Maintain Jawbone Density: Implants maintain jawbone density. If a tooth is gone, the component of the jaw that kept it in place weakens and finally disappears. This can affect the position of your remaining teeth. To avoid this, it’s recommended to replace a tooth as soon as you lose one.
Why Restorative Dentistry at Brentwood Dental Center?
Brentwood aims to deliver conservative remedies preserving as much healthy tooth structure as possible. We recommend our clients visit us frequently for checkups, even when they have healthy teeth. These routine cleanings and exams are beneficial as they allow us to catch and treat problems early before the treatment options become more complex.
Restorative Dental Procedures Offered at Brentwood Dental Center
All our restoration services seek to replicate the look and feel of a natural tooth. They range from fillings, crowns, bridges, implant crowns, and complete and partial dentures.
- Same-Day Crowns: Same-day crowns are dental crowns that can be fabricated and placed in a single visit to the dentist’s office, using computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology. They are made of materials like ceramic or resin and are used to cover and protect damaged or weakened teeth.
- Fillings: Fillings are restorative materials that repair teeth damaged by decay or trauma. They can be made of amalgam (a mixture of metals) or composite resin (a tooth-colored material). They are placed into the cavity or hole in the tooth after the decay has been removed.
- Dental Implant Restoration: Implant restoration is the process of attaching a replacement tooth (a crown, bridge, or denture) to a dental implant, which is a small metal post that is surgically placed into the jawbone. Implant restoration is often used to replace missing teeth more permanently and durably than traditional dentures or bridges.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable appliances that replace missing teeth and surrounding tissues. They can be made of materials like acrylic and are custom-fitted to the patient’s mouth. Dentures can replace a few missing teeth (partial dentures) or a full arch of teeth (complete dentures) and are designed to restore function and aesthetics to the patient’s smile.
How Much Does Restorative Dental Treatment Cost?
The cost of restorative dental treatment can vary depending on the type and extent of the procedure. Generally speaking, more complex procedures like implant restoration will be more expensive than simpler treatments like fillings or partial dentures. At Brentwood Dental Center, we recommend treatment based on clinical findings and dental history. However, our treatment coordinator is available to explain the costs associated with treatment and help you to decide what fits your circumstances.
Starting Your Restorative Dental Treatment in Brentwood TN
At Brentwood Dental Center, our restorative procedures enhance your smile’s aesthetics and functional comfort. Our staff, led by Dr. Nelson, will give you the thorough care you need to restore your smile and teeth functionality. Contact us today to learn more.